Applications are now being accepted for the:
2018 WID-NESC Horizons Scholarship
Women IN Defense, New England Shoreline Chapter (WID-NESC) is offering two scholarships this year. WID-NESC members in good standing, or their children, are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be graduating from high school, attending college, or seeking continuing education .
- Applicants must have a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher to be eligible.
- A panel of WID members will review the applications and scholarship recipients will be notified by U.S. Mail.
- Scholarships will be awarded at our September dinner meeting; date and time to be announced.
- Scholarship recipients are our guests for the evening; their families and friends are encouraged to attend in support.
- The application must completed and submitted (postmarked) by August 17, 2018.
Should you have any questions or require additional information, please do not hesitate to contact any WID Board Member!
Horizons Scholarship Program
The HORIZONS Scholarship was established in 1988 to encourage women to pursue careers related to the national security and defense interests of the United States. WID recognizes the HORIZONS scholarship is an opportunity to prepare the protectors of tomorrow by supporting the educational goals of women pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering and math that improve the security posture of our nation tomorrow and in the years to come.